If you have applied for credit, you should have a credit file at credit bureaus. There are two main credit bureaus in Canada – Equifax and Transunion of Canada. Your credit bureau file contains your credit history going back 6 years, even longer if you have ever declared bankruptcy.
Here are 5 ways to keep your credit bureau file clean and spotless:-
- Pay off your credit card debt regularly at the minimum payments due.
- Don’t miss making any loan or mortgage payments.
- Pay all other bills, such as , phone, utilities, etc by the due dates.
- Get a copy of your credit report at least once a year to make sure everything is under control and you are not victim of identity theft. You can pay small fee to get this report online. The small fees is worth it.
- If you find a mistake on your credit report, follow up with the credit bureau to get it corrected.
Here are links to Credit Bureaus: