Canadian Students, post-secondary & recent graduates, who have lost their source of income or unable to find summer jobs due to Covid-19 Pandemic are eligible to apply for Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB).
Under Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB), students will receive $1,250 or $2000 per month between May and August. Students who aren’t eligible to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) can apply for CESB.
Who is Eligible?
A Canadian Student studying in Canada or Abroad is eligible to apply for CESB. Some other criteria to qualify for CESB:
- Those studying in Degree, Diploma or Certificate Programs or those who completed the post-secondary studies in December 2019 or afterward.
- Students who graduated before May 10, 2020 can apply for all four periods of the CESB. Students graduating between (May 10 – June 6) can apply for three benefit periods, while those graduating between (June 7 – Dec. 31) can apply for the final two periods.
- Students who have applied for a post-secondary program that will start before Feb. 1, 2021 can also apply for the CESB.
- A student whose income is $1,000 or less during the benefit period for which they’re applying is eligible to apply for CESB.
How much money is given to the Students under CESB?
Qualifying applicants under CESB will receive $1,250 per four-week period for which they’re approved in 3 business days. Those Students who have dependents or disabilities will be eligible for $2,000 per four-week period under CESB.
What are the Eligibility periods for the Students to apply for CESB?
The eligibility periods for Students applying for Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) are as follows:
- May 10 to June 6, 2020
- June 7 to July 4, 2020
- July 5 to August 1, 2020
- August 2 to August 29, 2020
What is the deadline for CESB?
Eligible Students can apply for different periods under Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) till September 30, 2020.